Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday Made It


Today has been an exhausting day! I have 2 kids in high school and their fall activities started today. My daughter ran crosscountry at 9, had cheer at 10:45 and then ran to band at 12. My son had football from 1-3! We decided to celebrate a hard day of back to "school" by spending the rest of the afternoon at the pool. Needless to say, by the time we got home at 7:30 we were beat! I guess you can say our summer of leisure has officially ended! :(

My friend found this ADORABLE owl on Pinterest and I knew I had to make one for my classroom.

owllantern2


Here are my cute little guys! I love them and can't wait to get them hung up in my classroom!





I haven't been doing just cutesy stuff for the new year. I've also been working on a way to organize and display the workstation rotation. My team members and I put this plan together this summer and made these cute displays. (For JH teachers, using a pocket chart is a new phenomenon for us! lol) Anyway, we are all very proud of them!



The top number is the group and along the side (you can't see them in the pic) is for the class period. When I get my roster, I will write student names on the colored cards. At first I wanted to make each group a different color. For example Group 1 would be blue, Group 2 orange and so forth...but decided each different class period should be the same color so I could switch kids to different groups based on daily assessments.


At the bottom it shows where each group will go everyday. They will rotate thru 2 possibly 3 groups each day. We didn't show each rotation for the day, because we figured the kids were old enough to be able to understand the rotation. They will have a chance to go back and visit each station at the end of the week to finish up anything they did not get done earlier.


Whew, got it in on Monday...with 30 minutes to spare!

I'll leave you with my kitten Pixie, helping me cut out quotes with my Cricut. She's a great helper. Ok, maybe not that great - she kept attacking the machine! LOL





2 comments:

  1. Those owls are SUPER cute!! Love the organization for your workstation too. I wish I was that organized!! :)

    I also love when I see pictures with kitties in them. Warms my heart! :)

    Ashley @ Fierce in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. those owls are super cute!

    So excited to see how your stations work... incorporating those this year too!!!

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete